Use of chemicals in construction applications
Our CASE & Construction divison's wide range of products and product applications fall under the following categories:
- Additives and Admixtures: Additives and admixtures are added to compounds like cement to deliver specific properties. For example, chemical admixtures are added to cement mix before or during mixing to improve results, workability, strength, and the overall surface finish of the cement. By adding these compounds to the mix, developers can effectively modify the properties of hardened concrete to improve quality while also decreasing costs. Admixtures accomplish this, all while contributing to less than 0.5% of the total mass of the cement mixture.
- Liquid Bonding Agents: Liquid bonding agents are versatile products that adhere concrete or gypsum materials to similar substrates, creating a strong hold. They can also be mixed with aggregates to create a flexible type of mortar for repair projects, resulting in a product that is ideal for restorations. If you need high-quality bonding agents to suit your project's needs, we offer plenty of options to choose from.
- Cement: A cement is a binding substance used in construction to set, harden, and adhere to other materials. Durable and versatile, cement is used in a huge variety of applications, and we offer plenty of chemical treatments to adjust cement to fit your functional and aesthetic needs. From additives to sealants to colorants, we has everything your business needs to achieve a high-quality finished product with cement.
- Penetrating Sealers: Sealers are used on porous surfaces to seal these surfaces from corrosive forces and environmental conditions. Most commonly, sealers are used for waterproofing and corrosion and wear resistance. We offer several options in sealers, all of which offer excellent penetration and adhesion, so your surfaces are as secure as possible for a long-lasting finish.
- Concrete Densifier: Chemical concrete densifiers are an excellent tool, used on both polished and non-polished concrete to minimize wear and permeability from the inside out. Take a look at our concrete densifier options to discover the right choice for your application.
- Pigments and Colorants: The aesthetic appeal of a structure has a far-reaching impact on the success of that building in the long-term, which is where pigments and colorants come into play. Whether you are adding color directly to the material mix or layering it on the surface, we have top-of-the-line options to serve your functional and aesthetic needs.
- Fiber Powder Additives: Powder additives are included in dry mixtures like sand, cement, and plaster to lend certain properties to the final product. Water repellants and defoamers are just a few examples of fiber powder additives that you can find in stock.
- Fillers : Fillers like grout are not just used for repair and sealing, but they are also used to lend extra strength to the bases of structures. Several options are available depending on your needs, whether you want an epoxy-based repair filler or a cementitious grout to add some strength to the foundation of a piece of equipment. You can also find specific types of group that have special characteristics, like setting speed, shrinkage, or flow.
- Topcoats and Sealer Resins : Protective coatings and sealers are added to the surface of a structure to lend certain functional properties, like waterproofing or corrosion resistance. We offer several high-quality options with excellent bonding and sealing features for cement surfaces and other substrates.