Thanks to their enhanced thermal management capabilities, these materials are enabling a new generation of electrical and electronic components that offer improved performance, reliability and energy savings.
3M™ Boron Nitride Cooling Fillers are a versatile family of ceramic fillers that improve the thermal conductivity of polymers whilst maintaining electrical insulation. Designed to meet the increasing need for “smart” polymers, these fillers can be formulated into many thermoplastics, elastomers, thermoset resins and adhesives. They help dissipate heat in consumer electronics and improve thermal management efficiency in high-capacity batteries, LEDs and automotive applications. By functionally integrating thermal management with electrical insulation, boron nitride filled compounds can potentially enable lighter, simpler component designs – which can reduce total system costs.
3M’s application engineering team has the experience and technical expertise to help customers optimise their formulations to take advantage of the unique properties of boron nitride cooling fillers.
The key features of this high performance range of raw materials are:
- High thermal conductivity
- Electrical insulation
- Low density
- High reflectivity
- Excellent dry lubrication
- Gentle on tooling for compounding, extrusion and injection moulding processes
These products offer benefits in a wide range of applications and markets for example:
- Thermal interface materials (TIM) and heat sinks for consumer electronics and high-capacity batteries in automotive electrification
- Housings for electronic components in electric and hybrid vehicles
- LEDs for street and interior lighting
- Thermally conductive adhesives and greases
- Motors, generators and transformers
To take advantage of the benefits of 3M™ Boron Nitride Cooling Fillers contact your local depot, please e-mail email@example.com