Shell’s GTL Fluids & Solvents are a series ofhigh-purity paraffinic materials, prepared through novel gas-to-liquid technology.
This process creates unique products with a very low level of molecular branching, which imparts enhanced performance in several key areas:
- The low branching structure allows the products to break down more easily in nature.
- This means the products fully meet the criteria for readily biodegradable classification.
- Derived from purified natural gas, less unwanted material is present in the raw material.
- This results in products with very high purity and extremely low levels of sulphur and aromatics.
- By carefully controlling distillation conditions, products have very low odour.
- The unique low-level branching created during the GTL process has a substantial effect on product viscosity.
- This means the GTL types are the lowest viscosity products of their kind available.
- This property gives unparalleled performance in spreading and wetting.