Suppliers of Brenntag EMEA that are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) can be confident to cooperate with a responsible distributor who is committed to comply with all regulatory requirements including REACH. At the same time we promise to provide to our customers products, solutions and value added services of the highest needed quality and in full compliance with respective laws. On the way to achieve this aspiration you play an important role by acting in full compliance with European regulations.
Substances, on their own or in mixtures, exported to the EEA Market in a quantity of 100 tons or more per year are REACH-compliant only if they are registered or exempted from REACH. After May 31, 2018 the same will apply to substances imported into the EEA at an annual volume of 1 to below 100 tons. Until this deadline the substances would need a pre-registration.
To be able to supply compliant chemicals, manufacturers located outside the EEA have the possibility to appoint an Only Representative to undertake a pre-registration and a registration on their behalf. Alternatively non-EEA Suppliers chose the market access via an EEA-based importer or a subsidiary based in the EEA.
The Only Representative has to fulfill all obligations of an importer under REACH (i.e. submit registration, supply the latest updated safety data sheet) additionally he has to keep updated information on quantities imported as well as on customers.
How you can facilitate the process:
- Have selected a solid and knowledgeable Only Representative
- Take on transparent responsibility for the issuing of REACH certificates and Volume certificates (who is doing what)
- Inform us early in time if you decide not to register a substance
- If you are planning to have a substance registered, start process now
- Verify average volume exported to EEA per year before choosing the registration tonnage band
- For hazardous substances registered: establish and provided SDS according to Annex II of REACH regulation (can also be done in cooperation with or by the Only Representative)
How Brenntag can support:
- We can help to find an Only Representative with expertise and capacity
- Under circumstances to be negotiated we can be the preferred importer and submit the registration
- We can support in decision taking as to whether or not submit registration by sharing our view of market potential