|CAS No:||UN No:||Commodity Code:||Chemical Formula:|
Sodium Hypochlorite is used in a variety of industries for disinfection, the largest of which are the Water & Power sector, where we have a great supply position. Sodium Hypochlorite is also known as bleach.
- Agriculture – Disinfection
- Chemical Synthesis – Waste treatment, strong oxidiser reactions, cyanide destruction / neutralisation.
- Dairies – Sterilising & cleaning
- Food & Beverage – General cleaning & disinfection
- Laundries – Bleaching of the laundry
- Pharmaceuticals – Steriliser / disinfectant
- Plastics – Waste treatment
- Pulp & Paper – Bleaching paper pulp & water purification Water Treatment – Drinking water disinfection
- Brenntag is the largest supplier of Sodium Hypochlorite to the UK market with our own dedicated vehicles and drivers
- Brenntag has a manufacturing site in Thetford which supplies 40,000tes per annum of product suitable for the treatment of drinking water
- Brenntag has secure agreements in place with key UK & European producers offering security of supply as this is absolutely paramount for all our customers
- Brenntag has a wholly-owned fleet of 59 bulk tankers, 66 rigids and 9 artics
- Bulk deliveries 24/7 365 day per year.
- Sodium Hypochlorite is a difficult product to store, particularly in warm weather as it loses strength over time. Brenntag stores Sodium Hypochlorite at 11 locations throughout the UK & Ireland which is delivered on a daily basis to ensure that when the product arrives at the customer the product is fresh and within specification
- 400tes capacity at Thetford Dilution capabilities from 15% to 1% product strength at 11 Brenntag locations.
- 1L – 35L Packs
- 200L Drum
- 1000L IBC
- Pressure Bin
Strengths & Grades
- Available in any strength up to 15%
- Grades available:
- Low Bromate
- Ultra Low Bromate
- BSEN TP Chlor
Quality / Certificates
- ISO 9001:2008
- BS EN 901:2007 Drinking Water Treatment
- ISO 14001:2004
- OHSAS 18001 REACH Registered