Recruitment Fraud Warning
It has come to our attention that various individuals and organizations have contacted people offering false employment opportunities with BRENNTAG UK Limited. Such scams are fraudulent and intended to steal money from the victims. We are taking this matter extremely seriously and are currently working with the appropriate legal authorities to stop such fraudulent schemes. By making you aware of this, we hope to avoid and ultimately stop victims falling for this scam.
What is Recruitment Fraud?
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated scheme that offers fictitious job opportunities to people. This type of fraud is normally done through online services such as bogus websites, or through unsolicited emails claiming to be from BRENNTAG UK Limited. These emails request recipients to provide personal information and ultimately payments to progress false applications.
How to Identify Recruitment Fraud
- The perpetrators will often ask recipients to complete bogus recruitment documentation, such as application forms, terms and conditions of employment or visa forms. The BRENNTAG name and logo is featured on the documentation without authority.
- The email does not come from an official BRENNTAG email address and instead uses an address from a free email service such as: Gmail, Outlook.com, Live.com, Yahoo, etc.
- There is an early request for personal information such as address details, date of birth, resume (CV), passport details, etc.
- In some cases candidates are requested to contact other companies/individuals such as lawyers, bank officials, travel agencies, courier companies, visa/immigration processing agencies, etc.
- The perpetrators frequently use mobile or landline telephone numbers beginning with 44(0)70 instead of official company numbers.
- The perpetrators may even offer to pay a large percentage of the fees requested and ask the candidate to pay the remaining amount.
What Should I Do?
- · Save messages from the perpetrator for further investigation if necessary. Save the original subject line, complete headers and complete message content.
- · We would also advise you to contact your local police or legal authority and provide them with all information you may have from the senders.
- Respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers of employment from people with whom you are unfamiliar.
- Disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
- Send any money. BRENNTAG does not ask for money transfers or payments from applicants to secure a job as an employee or as a contractor.
- Engage in further communication if you believe the communication may be fraudulent.