Brenntag – “ConnectingChemistry” worldwide
Brenntag is the global market leader in chemical and ingredients distribution. We connect our suppliers and customers in value-adding partnerships. Our more than 16,600 employees provide tailor-made application, marketing and supply chain solutions. Technical and formulation support, market, industry and regulatory expertise as well as advanced digital tools are just some examples of our services that are aiming to create an excellent customer experience.
Our full-line portfolio comprises specialty and industrial chemicals and ingredients of a world-class supplier base. Building on its long-standing experience, unmatched global reach and local excellence, Brenntag works closely alongside its partners to make their business more successful. We are committed to contribute towards greater sustainability in our own business and the industries we serve, and to achieve sustainable profitable growth. Headquartered in Essen (Germany) and with regional headquarters in Philadelphia, Houston and Singapore,
Brenntag operates a unique global network with more than 580 locations in 76 countries and generated sales of EUR 12.6 billion (USD 14.8 billion) in 2018. Brenntag shares are traded at the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (BNR).
For Brenntag, the business goes far beyond the sheer distribution of chemicals. Brenntag…
- connects chemical manufacturers and chemical users in a value-adding partnership
- supports its customers and suppliers with tailor-made distribution solutions for industrial and specialty chemicals
- offers a full-line portfolio with over 10,000 products and a world-class supplier base
- serves as one-stop-shop to around 185,000 customers active in diverse end-market industries such as coatings, food, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, personal care and water treatment
- has long-standing experience in the individual countries and local excellence through its sales and marketing organization of more than 5,000 experts
- offers specific application technology, extensive technical support and value-added services (i.e. just-in-time delivery, product mixing, formulation, repackaging, inventory management and drum return handling)
- manages the business regionally, holding leading market positions across Europe, North America and Latin America and continuously expanding its presence in the Asia Pacific region
- sets safety standards within the industry and operates in line with the “safety first” principle globally
- strives to contribute towards greater sustainability in all the industries and application it serves
The company is led by an experienced Board of Management combining decades of expertise in the chemical distribution and manufacturing sector. Since March 29, 2010, Brenntag AG (WKN A1DAHH) is listed at the German Stock Exchange in the Prime Standard Segment, since June 21, 2010 as a member of the MDAX index.