- Operating gross profit* rises to 2,554.1 million EUR (+5.2% as reported)
- Operating EBITDA** reaches 836.0 million EUR (+3.2% as reported)
- Free cash flow down on the high prior-year figure to 440.3 million EUR
- Earnings per share at 2.34 EUR; a further increase in the dividend to 1.10 EUR per share to be proposed
- For 2018, Brenntag forecasts growth in its key performance indicators operating gross profit and operating EBITDA
Sales amounted to 11,743.3 million EUR in financial year 2017, a year-on-year increase of 11.9% (+13.1% on a constant currency basis). Operating gross profit, an especially important metric for Brenntag, likewise rose by 5.2% (+6.5% on a constant currency basis) to 2,554.1 million EUR. Operating EBITDA reached 836.0 million EUR in the reporting period, a year-on-year increase of 3.2% (+4.5% on a constant currency basis). Earnings were therefore in the middle of the range of 820 to 850 million EUR forecast in August 2017.
The Brenntag Group’s free cash flow amounted to 440.3 million EUR in financial year 2017, a decrease of 31.4% compared with the high prior-year figure (641.4 million EUR). This is due primarily to a rise in working capital as a result of a relatively strong increase in market prices for chemicals.