What is a Pesticide?
A pesticide is a chemical preparation for destroying plant, fungal, or animal pests. Pesticides can be divided into three categories: Herbicides, Insecticides, and Fungicides (HIF).
- Herbicides are also commonly known as weed killers. They are chemical substances used to control unwanted plants.
- Insecticides are substances used to kill insects and their eggs or larvae.
- Fungicides are used to kill fungi or fungal spores.
Purpose of Pesticides in Agriculture
The three main purposes for pesticides in agriculture are:
- Improved yield due to less dockage from pest contamination
- Reduce or eliminate unwanted plants, insects, or disease
- Reduce competition for nutrients, moisture, and space
Common Products Used in Pesticides Market
The following products are commonly used in the pesticides market:
|Aromatics 100, 150, 200||Isopar||Propylene & Ethylene Glycol|
|De-Aromatized Fluids||Low Toxicity, Low Volatility Insecticide & Herbicide||Sulfonate|
|Ethanolamine||Nonylphenol Ethoxylate (NPE)||Various Amine Ethoxylate & Alcohol Ethoxylate|
|Ethylenimine||Polysorbate||White Mineral Oil & Methyl Ester Oil|
|Glycol ether||Polyethylene Glycol|