Brenntag aims to achieve continual performance improvements in the key areas of sustainability. With this goal in mind, we implement, establish and optimize relevant standards and processes, raise our employees’ awareness accordingly and provide them with further training. In this way, we intend to shape our sustainability strategy at a global level and to develop it further.
In 2011, Brenntag established an international team which successfully pursues the systematic development of sustainability at Brenntag. The Board of Management and regional top management support the activities of this sustainability committee. In addition, Brenntag Group’s Corporate Development department now has a sustainability coordinator who manages and promotes global projects and initiatives and who maintains a dialogue with those line managers at Group level and in Brenntag’s regions.
- “Zero Accidents and incidents”
- Development of a “Sustainable Procurement Programme”
- Implementation of an energy and CO2 efficiency programme
- Publication of sustainability reports
- From 2015: annual reporting
- Compliance with GRI standards
- EcoVadis assessment of our sustainability performance
- Since November 2002, participation in the “Responsible Care” and since 1991, participation in the “Responsible Distribution” association initiatives
- Since July 2015, member of the chemical industry’s “Together for Sustainability” initiative
- Since October 2014, membership of the UN Global Compact – annual progress report on our activities