WHAT IS TITANIUM DIOXIDE
Titanium Dioxide, TiO2 as it is commonly known, can be a naturally occurring mineral, or synthetically produced. Titanium dioxide is a bright white compound commonly used in the food and cosmetics industries as a white pigment.
- Synonyms: TiO2, Titanium Dioxide
- INCI: Titanium Dioxide
- Chemical formula: TiO2
- CAS #: 13463-67-7
- Hazard: Carcinogenicity, Category 2
Hazards not otherwise classified – Combustible Dust
Use the links below to view all package sizes for these specific products:
|Appearance||Fine White Powder|
|Solubilities||Insoluble in Water|
|Molecular weight||79.866 g/mol|
|Weight per gallon||35.0154 lb/gallon|
|Class||Titanium Dioxide, Titanium Dioxide Rutile Grade|
|Grades||Industrial, Technical, NF Grade|
USES AND APPLICATIONS FOR TITANIUM DIOXIDE
Titanium Dioxide uses include general purpose pigment designed primarily for plastics applications, blow molding, blown film, cast film, injection molded products, pigment, plastic molding, plastics.
- Personal Care: Titanium dioxide (TiO2) is used in a variety of personal care products, including sunscreens, pressed powders, and loose powders, as a UV filter or whitening agent. In lotions and creams, it presents low risk of exposure
- Coatings and Construction: Titanium dioxide has resistance to discolouration under ultraviolet (UV) light in exposed applications. It is used in products such as paints and coatings, including glazes and enamels, plastics, paper, inks, fibres, foods, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
- Plastic Molding: Titanium dioxide possesses non-flammable, insoluble and durable qualities. TiO2 ensure UV rays do no penetrate and damage the product and its appearance.
- Pharmaceutical Industry: Titanium dioxide is used as pigment for pharmaceutical products such as gelatin capsules, tablet coatings and syrups
- Injection Molding
TiO2 as it is commonly known, can be a naturally occurring mineral, or synthetically produced. Titanium dioxide is a bright white compound commonly used in the food and cosmetics industries as a white pigment.
Not all chemical distributors are the same. At Brenntag, we pride ourselves on offering local service thanks to our network of more than 190 locations spread across the United States and Canada. At the same time, Brenntag can offer you competitive prices and flexible shipping options only a global player can provide.
We understand the need to be flexible and proactive and find unique solutions that suit the needs of your business. To accomplish this, we have a dedicated local team ready to answer any questions you might have and create a quotation for the titanium dioxide powder you’re interested in.
Titanium Dioxide is available in bags of 55lbs quantities,
You can download a copy of the SDS for Titanium Dioxide from Brenntag Connect.
This document is for informational purposes only. You accept sole responsibility for reading and complying with the Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s), as well as any other safety information, relating to the products listed herein. The information contained herein is based on Brenntag’s knowledge at the time of publication or release and not on any publications, independent studies, empirical evidence or other form of verification. You should not use or rely on any statements contained herein as a basis for any representations or warranties to your customers or end users as to the safety, efficacy or suitability of any product or for purposes of ensuring your compliance with any laws or regulations. Brenntag makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained herein or as to fitness of any product for any particular purpose. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as an authorization to use or an inducement to practice any patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right. Before producing and distributing any product, it is your sole responsibility to adequately test and document the performance of the product and acquire any required intellectual property rights. You assume all risks for failing to do so and Brenntag shall not be liable (regardless of fault) to you, your employees, customers or end users or any third party for direct, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the furnishing or use of this information. Please contact your local Brenntag representative if you have any questions about this information.