WHAT IS CALCIUM OXIDE
Calcium oxide is an odorless gray or white-gray chemical compound primarily used in manufacturing applications. Calcium oxide is typically produced via thermal decomposition of limestone or other materials containing calcium carbonate.
- Synonyms: burnt lime, quicklime, pebble lime, and calcia
- INCI: Calcium Oxide
- Chemical formula: CaO
- CAS #: 1305-78-8
- Hazard: • H302 – Harmful if swallowed • H314 - Causes severe skin burns and eye damage • H315 – Causes skin irritation • H318 - Causes serious eye damage • H335 - May cause respiratory irritation
Use the links below to view all package sizes for these specific products:
|Appearance||White to light gray powder|
|Solubilities||Soluble in water, glycerol|
|Boiling point||5,162°F (2,850°C)|
|Freezing point||4661.6°F (2,572°C)|
|Molecular weight||56.0774 g/mol|
|Class||Alkali, Reducing agent|
|Grades||FCC, Technical, Food grade|
USES AND APPLICATIONS FOR CALCIUM OXIDE
Calcium Oxide uses include acid neutralizer, buffer, food processing, nail polish, waste water treatment, water treatment.
- Agriculture: Gardening and farming applications for CaO include the manufacturing of fertilizers used in the treatment of acidic soil
- Coatings & Construction: Calcium oxide is also an essential ingredient in the production of cement.
- Oil & Gas: It is used in petroleum industry uses CaO to detect water in fuel storage tanks
- Personal Care: It is used in the formulation of hair products
- Textiles: It is used in the manufacturing of leather goods
- Food & Nutrition: Calcium oxide when converted to calcium hydroxide, CaO can be used in the manufacturing of products such as soft drinks
- Industrial: Steel and metallurgic industries use Calcium oxide for melting and purification of other metals
Calcium oxide, commonly known as quicklime or burnt lime, is a widely used chemical compound. It is a white, caustic, alkaline, crystalline solid at room temperature.
If you’re looking for a calcium oxide distributor you can trust, look no further than Brenntag North America. As one of the world’s leading providers of high-quality chemicals and ingredients to companies in a wide range of industries, we’re known for exceeding the expectations of our customers.
Your best approach will be to contact Brenntag North America. Brenntag is the established global market leader in ingredient and chemical distribution and can fully supply all your calcium oxide and other chemical needs.
Calcium oxide is sold in 50 lb bags.
This document is for informational purposes only. You accept sole responsibility for reading and complying with the Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s), as well as any other safety information, relating to the products listed herein. The information contained herein is based on Brenntag’s knowledge at the time of publication or release and not on any publications, independent studies, empirical evidence or other form of verification. You should not use or rely on any statements contained herein as a basis for any representations or warranties to your customers or end users as to the safety, efficacy or suitability of any product or for purposes of ensuring your compliance with any laws or regulations. Brenntag makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained herein or as to fitness of any product for any particular purpose. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as an authorization to use or an inducement to practice any patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right. Before producing and distributing any product, it is your sole responsibility to adequately test and document the performance of the product and acquire any required intellectual property rights. You assume all risks for failing to do so and Brenntag shall not be liable (regardless of fault) to you, your employees, customers or end users or any third party for direct, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the furnishing or use of this information. Please contact your local Brenntag representative if you have any questions about this information.