Since 2007, REACH has shaped the regulatory landscape of the market for chemicals. The final registration deadline for substances manufactured or imported in the EEA in May 31, 2018. The core principle is that substances not registered in ECHA (European Chemical Agency) before the deadline means the manufacturing or importing of the product must cease. No data = no market.
Of cause, it is still possible to register substances after the deadline, but after this deadline, substance must be registered in ECHA before it can be imported or manufactured. This may affect some businesses if the substances used in their production process does not fulfill the registration requirements.
In Brenntag Nordic, we are committed to responsible care and responsible distribution, and we will fully comply with all regulatory requirements, including but not limited to those defined by REACH. Within Brenntag a transnational, European network of experienced HSE and REACH experts has worked with the many requirements posed by the REACH legislation. This means, Brenntag Nordic is equipped to support and advice our business partners within all aspects of the legislation.
How Brenntag Nordic can support you:
- Brenntag Nordic can support in finding alternative supplier(s) in case one of your suppliers decides not to register a substance
- Facilitating communication along the supply chain
- Support registering substances
What you can facilitate the process:
- Cross-check with your industry association for identified uses (which uses are covered, and which are not)
- Inform Brenntag Nordic about identified uses not covered by your association
- Verify your portfolio of purchased chemicals for registration
You can read more about REACH and Brenntag Nordic here