A SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT FOR ASIA PACIFIC SUPPLY CHAINS
The Regional Hub of Asia Pacific provides centralized coordination between regional suppliers and Brenntag sites in the planning, ordering and distribution of products. The Regional Hub consolidates orders to our suppliers, optimizes our inventories, and stores our products within Asia and closer to our customers.
The hub has been operational since 2004 to develop a value-added concept to our supplier partners that will reduce the complexities of a traditional supply chain as illustrated below:
- Distributors often have to keep high stock levels in order to service their customers on time.
- Distributors often have to overcome minimum order quantities from suppliers.
- Distributors often have to source from other distributors at high additional costs for new or urgent orders.
- Distributors often have to reject new or small customer orders because it is too costly to deliver the goods.
REGIONAL HUB COMPLEXITY REDUCTIONS:
- A Regional Hub planning and distribution center reduces traditional complexities.
- The supplier receives forecasts and full-container load (FCL) orders in a professional, planned and orderly fashion.
- The supplier has one professional regional contact point for all supply chain issues.
- The supplier has one professional, reliable regional account for all payments.
ADDED VALUE FOR OUR PARTNERS
- Easy transactions and settlements through one point of contact for all supply chain matters.
- Increased transparency from regional overview of stock levels, local, and regional forecasts.
- Partnership approach deepens as it extends beyond traditional commercial relationship.
- Peace of mind as stock is already in Asia and suppliers can’t allocate to other regions.
- One day lead time if forecasted well and one week lead time if regular product.
- Opportunities to obtain products with short notice from irregular orders if available in hub.