We would like to spotlight the Saint-Gobain, ZirPro ranges of ceramic beads that are widely recognised as industry leading products for both surface blasting and also peening.
These high performing and cost effective ceramic materials provide outstanding benefits in terms of metal surface quality, consistency and productivity.
The performance of these grades is widely acknowledged to be superior to surface finishing procedures undertaken using either glass beads, steel shot or aluminium oxide grits.
Importantly, the ceramic beads remain consistent in size and shape during their operating life thereby minimising dust generation that can damage the blasting equipment.
Furthermore, the ceramic beads do not contaminate or damage the treated components or surfaces.
Behaviour During Operation
The Saint-Gobain ZirPro product range comprises of three different families of engineered ceramic micro-structures:
Zirblast® ceramic beads
Widely used for cleaning or preparing surfaces and for tool cleaning applications.
Microblast® ceramic beads
Fine ceramic beads that have become a market benchmark for smooth surface finishing with an enhanced satin aspect.
Zirshot® advanced ceramic shots
Ceramic media that provide unique and high stress profiles in shot peening and peen forming applications – imparting a smooth surface finish to treated substrates and enhancing fatigue resistance of components.
Saint-Gobain ZirPro ceramic beads perform very efficiently in dry or wet pressure blasting systems and in turbine blasting equipment.
- Consistency of shape, hardness, size and smoothness
- Chemically inert
- High mechanical strength results in high wear, impact resistance, and low dust formation
- Outstanding elasticity provides a high impact energy
- Available in coarse, fine and very fine sizes.
- No contamination or damage to treated parts
- Consistent results from your first part to the last
- Cost-effective compared to low cost media’s
- Outstanding fatigue results with ceramic beads for peening applications
- Smooth satin surface finish obtained with ceramic beads
- Enhanced performance in dry air blast, wet blast and wheel blast systems.
For further information about these ZirPro range, please contact your local depot or dedicated Account Manager. Alternatively, you can contact us through the form below.