Chlorine Dioxide ClO2 is widely accepted as the most effective and efficient water disinfection for use in food production and processing. Water is a controllable ingredient and processing aid that can slow the microbial degradation on shelf life and product quality.
Chlorine Dioxide is generally viewed as the premier solution in improving water hygiene as it provides the following benefits/advantages:
- Effective control of biofilm in process water systems – that harbours bacteria, toxins and pathogens
- Improves overall process water hygiene
- Leaves no taint, odour or residue on end products
- Operates effectively across a wide range of the pH spectrum – acid to alkali
- Effective as a sporicide, biocide, viruscide and fungicide
- Low corrosion properties
- Does not produce chlorinated products (chlorine) that can leave taint and residual odours on product
CLORIOUS2 in the Food (and beverage) industry
Several applications in the food (and beverage) industry have taken advantages of CLORIOUS2's unique benefits and they include:
- Tomato gowing, horticulture: irrigation water - tomatoes, salad washing (tomatoes/peppers/salad leaves/onions)
- Vegetable production: vegetable washing
- Processed meat and poultry production: process water, recycled water
- Smokehouses: process wash water
- Breweries and Distilleries: incoming water - borehole water
- Food production: process water - ingredient
What is unique about CLORIOUS2?
Chlorine Dioxide normally requires either on-site generation, risky and unsafe hazardous manual mixing on-site and/or expensive, complicated dosing systems; all of which are drawbacks to using Chlorine Dioxide.
CLORIOUS2 is Chlorine Dioxide – made safe, simple, pure and easy to apply – delivered ready-to-use, with no decanting or additional handling.
CLORIOUS2 is dosed directly from the drum, which has incorporated an exposure free dry-coupling and via a dosing pump into the water system (N.B: Information on dosing systems are available on request). Approved for drinking water and for use in the production of organic products.