Then we would like to introduce - ACRYSOL™ RM-725 - a new rheology modifier produced by Dow Coating Materials.
ACRYSOL™ RM-725 Rheology Modifier is a solvent-free*, hydrophobically modified ethylene oxide urethane (HEUR) rheology modifier based on ACID SUPPRESSION™ TECHNOLOGY for an excellent balance of properties.
This KU-building associative thickener offers formulators an excellent balance of sag resistance and levelling, including PVA and VAE binder based paints.
ACRYSOL™ RM-725 Rheology Modifier also contributes to significant ICI viscosity, allowing the reduction of ICI builder use level in the paint.
It should be added under good mixing conditions to ensure complete incorporation into the formulation.
ACRYSOL™ RM-725 Rheology Modifier is supplied at low pH and, therefore, may slightly lower the pH of the paint formulation. Small amounts of extra base may need to be added to the paint formulation to ensure the final pH target is reached. We recommend that all base be added prior to the addition of ACRYSOL RM-725.
- Efficient KU-builder for the PVA and VAE binder formulation space
- Utility with all binder types
- Significant ICI contribution
- Solvent free*, water based, no VOC intentionally added, APEO- and tin-free
- Provided as a low viscosity liquid.
* Solvents are not intentionally added and are not knowingly introduced from another raw material.
- Good thickening efficiency, and spatter resistance
- Good balance of sag resistance with excellent flow and levelling
- Excellent choice for low odour, low VOC applications, fulfilling all current environmental legislation needs
- Facilitates improved applied hiding and smooth application appearance
- Easy to handle and incorporate during manufacturing process.
For more information about this product, please contact your local depot or dedicated Account Manager. Alternatively, you can contact us through the form below.