WHAT IS VITAMIN A
Humans obtain vitamin A, also known as retinol or beta-carotene, from animal- and plant-based foods. The food industry uses vitamin A to enhance a product's nutritional value. Retinol and beta-carotene metabolize differently, but they offer the same health benefits to consumers.
- Synonyms: Vitamin A acetate, Retinol Acetate, Retinyl acetate
- INCI: Retinol
- Chemical formula: C20H30O (Retinol), C40H56
- CAS #: 57-50-1|127-47-9|9005-25-8
- Hazard: o H360 – May form combustible dust concentration in air. May damage the unborn child
Use the links below to view all package sizes for these specific products:
|Appearance||Solid/free flowing fine granules (Yellowish color)|
|Boiling point||Non-volatile solid|
|Molecular weight||328.5 g/mol|
|Grades||USP, Food Grade|
USES AND APPLICATIONS FOR Vitamin A
Vitamin A uses includes acne treatments, anti-ageing creams & lotions, baby food, cosmetics, dietetic foods, dried milk, infant formula, moisturizing cream formulations, vitamin lotions.
- Food and Nutrition: Vitamin A is best absorbed with sources of dietary fats. Foods containing Vitamin A is important for maintaining the reproductive health, eyesight and immune system. The nutraceutical industry uses vitamin A as an ingredient in dietary supplements.
- Personal Care: Vitamin A helps to speed up healing, prevent breakouts and support the skin's immune system and it promotes natural moisturising - which means it helps to hydrate the skin effectively, giving it a radiant glow. It assists in promoting and maintaining a healthy dermis and epidermis; the top two layers of your skin.
- Pharmaceutical: Carotene compounds (found, for example, in egg yolk, butter and cream) are gradually converted by the body to vitamin A (retinol). Vitamin A supports growth and bone development, vision, reproduction, and development and maintenance of skin tissue.
Humans obtain vitamin A, also known as retinol or beta-carotene, from animal- and plant-based foods. The food industry uses vitamin A to enhance a product's nutritional value.
Businesses rely on Brenntag for vitamin A products from leading global suppliers. Whether you manufacture supplements or food products, we can provide a custom blend of additives for your needs. Contact our representatives for a custom quote.
Let Brenntag know what you’re looking for and we will tell you more about our wide range of vitamin raw materials. We are most proud of our position as a leading U.S. source for raw supplement ingredients and advanced nutraceuticals for the vitamin industry. With over 190 locations across North America, we are strategically positioned to give you the best sales and service possible.
Vitamin A is available in 25 kg box, 10 kg drum and pail.
This document is for informational purposes only. You accept sole responsibility for reading and complying with the Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s), as well as any other safety information, relating to the products listed herein. The information contained herein is based on Brenntag’s knowledge at the time of publication or release and not on any publications, independent studies, empirical evidence or other form of verification. You should not use or rely on any statements contained herein as a basis for any representations or warranties to your customers or end users as to the safety, efficacy or suitability of any product or for purposes of ensuring your compliance with any laws or regulations. Brenntag makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained herein or as to fitness of any product for any particular purpose. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as an authorization to use or an inducement to practice any patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right. Before producing and distributing any product, it is your sole responsibility to adequately test and document the performance of the product and acquire any required intellectual property rights. You assume all risks for failing to do so and Brenntag shall not be liable (regardless of fault) to you, your employees, customers or end users or any third party for direct, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the furnishing or use of this information. Please contact your local Brenntag representative if you have any questions about this information.