Brenntag Construction supplies the construction market with commodity and specialty construction chemicals though our regional operating companies. We’re one of the leading construction chemical distributors in the United States and have over 190 locations across North America to serve you better.
A variety of high-quality specialty minerals, chemicals, and colors can be obtained through Brenntag Specialties, and used to construct or finish the surfaces of buildings, walkways, driveways, fences, and landscape elements.
COVERING ALL CONSTRUCTION MARKETS ACROSS NORTH AMERICA
We have every corner of the construction chemicals market covered. Thanks to our century of experience and our advanced global supply chain, our team here at Brenntag can deliver the right volumes on-time, every time.
RAW MATERIALS AND CHEMICALS
Construction chemicals have expanded in breadth to encompass a huge range of functions, splitting off into several construction chemicals submarkets. Brenntag Construction has every corner of this construction chemicals market covered. Thanks to over a century of experience and an advanced global supply chain, our team here at Brenntag has access to a huge range of chemicals designed to improve construction quality and ease workmanship, and we can deliver the right volumes of product on-time, every time. Additionally, our Coatings & Construction Lab in Allentown, PA is constantly developing formulations for our customers and new products and applications for the industry, building on our technical support capabilities so that we can provide a valuable technical background to our customers.
Turn to us for a wide variety or raw materials for the following construction markets:
- Blocks and Pavers: The right base block and paver chemicals and ingredients make all the difference when manufacturing blocks and pavers, so choose your chemicals from Brenntag for top quality.
- Joint Compounds and Texture: Save time, effort, and money by choosing joint compounds and texture products and chemicals that hold their shape and position until fully dry.
- Manufactured Stone: Advanced construction products require advanced ingredients and chemical constituents. We will source the best chemicals from around the world for your manufactured stone.
- Masonry Morters: The right masonry mortar chemicals guarantee successful masonry projects and years of trouble-free cement, block, and brick joints that are strong, stable, and attractive.
- Patch and Repair Mortars: Users of our patch and repair mortars are satisfied with the quality and consistency of our chemicals and ingredients, which is why we only source from reliable manufacturers.
- Plasters: With contacts around the world, we can source all types of chemicals for plasters suitable for industrial, residential, and commercial use that provide the right finish and long-term durability.
- Polymeric Sand: The adhesives and ingredients in polymeric sand need to be consistent and stable to give the best results, so turn to our trusted team for all of your polymeric sand chemical requirements.
- Polymeric Sealers and Coatings: This important class of construction chemicals can help seal and protect a wide range of materials and keep water and moisture from damaging various construction projects.
- Roof Tile: We can supply the exact formulations, quantities, and grades of roof tile chemicals and ingredients you require, so let us know exactly what you’re looking for and we’ll distribute what you need.
- Self-Leveling Compounds: To ensure consistent results for the end-user, we only distribute proven self-leveling compounds and chemicals from the leading source in the industry.
- Stucco and EIFS: Our line-up of stucco and other products and ingredients for exterior finishing helps guarantee an attractive finish and protection for the end-user, thanks to consistent chemical formulation.
- Tile Adhesives: We supply the top-quality adhesives you want in formulations, perfectly adapted to any tile type and installation scenario (industrial, heavy use, humid, floor, wall, exterior).
USE OF CHEMICALS IN CONSTRUCTION APPLICATIONS
Brenntag Construction's wide range of products and product applications fall under the following categories:
- Additives and Admixtures: Additives and admixtures are added to compounds like cement
to deliver specific properties. For example, chemical admixtures are added to cement mix before
or during mixing to improve results, workability, strength, and the overall surface finish of the
cement. By adding these compounds to the mix, developers can effectively modify the properties
of hardened concrete to improve quality while also decreasing costs. Admixtures accomplish this,
all while contributing to less than 0.5% of the total mass of the cement mixture.
- Liquid Bonding Agents: Liquid bonding agents are versatile products that adhere concrete
or gypsum materials to similar substrates, creating a strong hold. They can also be mixed with
aggregates to create a flexible type of mortar for repair projects, resulting in a product that is
ideal for restorations. If you need high-quality bonding agents to suit your project's needs,
Brenntag Construction offers plenty of options to choose from.
- Cement: A cement is a binding substance used in construction to set, harden, and adhere
to other materials. Durable and versatile, cement is used in a huge variety of applications, and
Brenntag Construction offers plenty of chemical treatments to adjust cement to fit your functional
and aesthetic needs. From additives to sealants to colorants, Brenntag has everything your
business needs to achieve a high-quality finished product with cement.
- Penetrating Sealers: Sealers are used on porous surfaces to seal these surfaces from corrosive forces and environmental conditions. Most commonly, sealers are used for waterproofing and corrosion and wear resistance. Brenntag offers several options in sealers, all of which offer excellent penetration and adhesion, so your surfaces are as secure as possible for a long-lasting finish.
- Concrete Densifier: Chemical concrete densifiers are an excellent tool, used on both polished and non-polished concrete to minimize wear and permeability from the inside out. Take a look at Brenntag's concrete densifier options to discover the right choice for your application.
- Pigments and Colorants: The aesthetic appeal of a structure has a far-reaching impact on the success of that building in the long-term, which is where pigments and colorants come into play. Whether you are adding color directly to the material mix or layering it on the surface, Brenntag has top-of-the-line options to serve your functional and aesthetic needs.
- Fiber Powder Additives: Powder additives are included in dry mixtures like sand, cement, and plaster to lend certain properties to the final product. Water repellants and defoamers are just a few examples of fiber powder additives that you can find in Brenntag stock.
- Fillers: Fillers like grout are not just used for repair and sealing, but they are also used to lend extra strength to the bases of structures. Several options are available depending on your needs, whether you want an epoxy-based repair filler or a cementitious grout to add some strength to the foundation of a piece of equipment. You can also find specific types of group that have special characteristics, like setting speed, shrinkage, or flow.
- Topcoats and Sealer Resins: Protective coatings and sealers are added to the surface of a structure to lend certain functional properties, like waterproofing or corrosion resistance. Brenntag offers several high-quality options with excellent bonding and sealing features for cement surfaces and other substrates.
More Information on the Coatings & Construction Industry
Brenntag North America is committed to providing our customers with high-quality chemicals. To learn more about our distribution services and products we offer follow the links below.
Sign up for the latest information on our Construction chemical solutions. Choose to receive communications on Brenntag industry updates, supplier and product information, and trade shows and events.