The last registration deadline for existing substances manufactured or imported in the EEA at or above 1 ton per year is 31 May 2018. With an estimated 25.000 to 50.000 substances to be registered keeping this last deadline will be a challenge for all stakeholders active in the chemical industry.
The key features of the 2018 Registration Deadline having repercussions on the chemicals market:
- Many registrants will have limited/no experience in registration
- The Substance Information Exchange Forums (SIEFs) will be much smaller with sometimes even only one participant
- There will be less information available
- Bottlenecks in the availability of testing service providers
- Commercial decision for registration is made under imperfect information conditions
How does Brenntag cope with these challenges?
- Brenntag has internal expert team that has submitted several registrations in the past
- Given a proven business opportunity, Brenntag with assistance of external service providers would be able to take the position of Lead Registrant
- Brenntag has access to service providers that are capable of collecting and generating needed data
- Brenntag has secured access to testing service providers
- Brenntag is continuously challenged to take decisions under imperfect information conditions