Brenntag UK Ltd, part of the Brenntag Group, is pleased to announce the purchase of the Goodwill relating to the Packed Glucose Syrup business in the UK from Cargill plc. The agreement includes the supply of all grades of Glucose syrup in packages to UK customers.
For many years Brenntag has operated a toll packaging and distribution arrangement for Cargill from the Trafford Park facility, whilst also acting as an official distributor of the C* range of Glucose Syrups.
For Brenntag, the acquisition of this business represents an important further step into a growing market sector. In addition, Brenntag has signed a long-term supply agreement with Cargill to ensure continuity of supply.
“This deal will strengthen our position in the Food sector and allow us to continue to expand our offering to the industry. It is also a reflection of the confidence Cargill has in our ability to service and look after their customers,” states Clare Waters, Managing Director Brenntag UK & Ireland.
“The sales of the goodwill in our glucose packed product business will allow Cargill to focus on providing our bulk sweeteners customers with the most cost efficient supply chain”, says Martin Douglas, general manager of Cargill’s businesses in Manchester. “We look forward to supporting Brenntag in growing the glucose packed product business in future.”
Brenntag will officially take responsibility for the customer base on 1st September 2009.
- Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 160,000 people in 67 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business.
Cargill’s European starches and sweeteners business
- Cargill’s European starches and sweeteners business is headquartered in Mechelen, Belgium and employs around 2,800 people in 13 locations across the region. The business sells a full range of products to customers in the food, paper, cardboard, corrugating, pharmaceutical and animal feed sectors.
Brenntag UK & Ireland
- Brenntag UK & Ireland (formerly Albion Chemicals Group) is part of Brenntag, the world’s leading chemicals distributor. The Group employs over 800 people at 18 strategic sites in the UK and Eire, and serves 18,000 customers each year via a dedicated fleet of 100 vehicles.
- For further information on Brenntag UK & Ireland visit www.brenntag.co.uk
- Brenntag recorded global 2008 sales of EUR 7.4 billion (USD 10.8 billion). Today the company operates in excess of 300 locations with more than 11,000 people in 64 countries. In keeping with the company’s strong position in world markets, Brenntag is committed to providing value to its customers and suppliers through superior supply chain logistics, single sourcing, technical assistance and other value added services. Brenntag offers an unrivalled, extensive and state-of-the-art distribution network for industrial and specialty chemicals to its suppliers and customers alike throughout the world.