Biosector has been a specialized supplier to the vaccine industry for more than 75 years.
The production of aluminium hydroxide for vaccine use started in April 1939 due to collaboration between Statens Serum Institute (SSI) and Superfos. This production took place in Kastrup until 1991. In 1989 the closing down of the Superfos Kastrup operation commences and at the same time it is decided to separate the vaccine adjuvant activities organizationally from Superfos Chemicals into a new company called Superfos Biosector. The present production plant in Frederikssund was built in 1990-1991.
In 2000 Superfos Biosector was acquired along with the rest of the Superfos chemical activities by HCI (Holland Chemicals International) and the name is changed into HCI Biosector. Just one year later, as a consequence of Brenntag's acquisition of HCI, the name changed into Brenntag Biosector.