Training period: 3.5 Years
Laboratory technicians carry out chemical, physiochemical, biochemical and biotechnological investigation and tests on a variety of materials. With the help of computer-controlled devices and microscopes, they investigate chemicals (for example, acids and gases), bi-products (for example, plastics and metals) and end products (for example, foods, and pharmaceutical products). They work together with colleagues and specialists in laboratories in the area of chemistry (for example, chemists, chemical procedure technicians, biologists).
Their most important duties are:
- Establish working steps, medium and methods and construct testing and investigations apparatus in the planning stage
- Carry out testing, such as volumetric analysis, electrochemical and optical measurements, density and viscosity estimations, and gravimetry
- Separation and purifying processes, such as filtering, distilling, centrifugation, extracting and so on.
- Monitor and control the physical, chemical and biological processes
- Collect technical data regarding the flow of work and results
- Handle and repair laboratory devices, apparatuses and appliances