Agriculture is the cultivation and breeding of animals, plants, and fungi for food, fiber, biofuel, medicinal plants, and other products used to sustain and enhance human life.
Defending Crops - Ensuring Nutrition
At Brenntag, we share the desires of this industry to sensitively develop innovative products and solutions to defend crops and ensure nutrition.
Our agriculture team is committed to providing the necessary agriculture chemicals and raw materials to produce sustainable foods for the United States and Canada’s growing populations. We provide agricultural ingredients and services to support food processing that is safe and wholesome for North American consumers.
Four Types of Cooperatives
The distribution of agricultural raw materials by Brenntag supports four types of cooperatives:
- Energy: Did you know agricultural transportation emits 13.5% of CO2 contributing to the world greenhouse gas emissions? Many new equipment manufacturers are required to produce equipment with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) systems using Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) to reduce NOx emissions.
- Fertilizer: Modern chemical fertilizers include one or more of the three elements most important to plant nutrition: nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium. Fertilizers, used since the start of agriculture, are applied to agricultural fields to supplement required elements found naturally in soil.
- Grain: Grains are small, hard, dry seeds, with or without attached hulls or fruit layers, harvested for human or animal consumption. Two main types of commercial grain crops are cereals such as wheat, corn, and rye and legumes such as beans and soybeans.
- Soil: Agriculture accounts for 70% of withdrawals of freshwater resources, Brenntag has helped discover ways of conserving water being applied to our fields, along with decreasing top soil erosion through polymers. Soil Polymers work terrific in conditions where rainfall is minimal, sandy soils, top soil erosion areas, or anywhere that one is wanting to conserve your vital N-P-K from run off, volatilization, denitrification, or leaching. The polymer will expand over 400X the weight, retain the water where needed, then slowly release the moisture back to the seed or plant. Not only does the Polymer provide moisture to the plant when needed, but provides oxygen to the seed or root structure from the expansion and retraction of the polymer. Polymers also play a major role in today’s phosphate run off and nitrogen leaching going into rivers and streams rather than keep the nutrition in the field. Polymers can assist with preventing this from happening by applying polymer near these freshwater resources.
Modern agriculture has seen an increasing use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides. Over time, these inputs can damage the soils native bacteria, organic, and mineral matter, and change the natural pH resulting in total soil degradation. Chemical fertilizers also leach into ground water, streams, and lakes resulting in major problems like eutrophication. When applying Humic and Fulvic Acid to the soil, it allows the essential bacteria and microbes to grow, adjusting the pH of the soil, therefore providing an ideal growing condition. More uptake from the plant and less fertilizers and pesticides go to waste.
SERVICING KEY AGRICULTURAL MARKETS
As a leading agricultural chemical distributor in the United States and Canada, we support four main agricultural markets:
adjuvants, pesticides, macro and micronutrients, and nitrogen stabilizers and phopsphate enhancers.
DELIVERING THE RIGHT INGREDIENTS FOR YOUR AGRICULTURAL NEEDS
As a distributor of agriculture chemicals and raw materials in the U.S. and Canada, we provide our customers with global access to a comprehensive range of specialty ingredients and world-class manufacturers.
|Acetates||Chlorides||Phosphates & Phosphonates|
|Aliphatic Hydrocarbons||Isoparaffinic Fluids||Sulfates, Sulfonates, Sulfites, Betaines, & Alkanolamides|
|Amines & Ethyoxylates||Nitrates, Nitrites, & Nitrogen Sources||Sulfur|
|Aromatic Hydrocarbons||Nonylphenol Ethoxylate, Wetting Agents, Spreader Sticker, & Dispersants|
|Boron, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Cobalt, Nickel, Copper, & Zinc Elements||Oils|
Brenntag Branded Products
- BrennFulv ( Fulvic Acid): Multifunctional bio, geo, chemical catalyst for soil and plant application
- BrennHume NS (Non-Soluble Humic): Multifunctional bio, geo, chemical catalyst for soil and plant application
- BrennHume S (Soluble Humic Acid): Multifunctional bio, geo, chemical catalyst for soil and plant application
- BrennFlor (Activated, Soluble Humic Acid): Liquid catalytic extract that supercharges your soils biological engine, overcoming many common soil problems. BrennFlor is not a substitute for traditional nutrients - it works with common fertilizers or by itself to build and strengthen the natural bio-cycle within the soil.