SCOTTSDALE, AZ--(Marketwired - November 20, 2014) - This morning, new officers and directors were elected to the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD) Board of Directors. Elections were held at the Annual Business Meeting during NACD's 43rd Annual Meeting, the premier event of the year for the chemical distribution industry.
Mathew A. Brainerd, Brainerd Chemical Company, Inc. was elected as Chairman of the Board; Douglas A. Brown, Brown Chemical Co., Inc., as Vice Chairman of the Board; and Thomas M. Corcoran, Brenntag North America, Inc. as Treasurer. Each will serve a two-year term.
Tim Nicholson, PVS-Nolwood Chemicals, Inc. was reelected for a second three-year term and Jeanette Glose Partlow, Maryland Chemical Company, was elected for her first three-year term as At-Large Director. Frank Bergonzi, KODA Distribution Group, was elected to a one-year term, completing the term being vacated by Corcoran.
Additionally, at elections held on Wednesday, three Regional Presidents were elected to the Board namely, Amanda D. Bagley, Bedford Specialty Sales, Inc., Dennis Gillespie, Lintech International, and Thomas B. Turriff, TLC Ingredients, Inc.
"NACD is thrilled to have such exemplary individuals chosen by our members to lead our organization," said NACD President Eric R. Byer. "The Executive Committee, other Board members, and the NACD membership at large will benefit from their industry knowledge and insight. I know they will make significant contributions to advancing the association and I look forward to seeing all they accomplish over the next several years."
The members of the full 2015 NACD Board of Directors are:
- Chairman, Mathew A. Brainerd, President, Brainerd Chemical Company, Inc., Tulsa, Okla.
- Vice Chairman, Douglas A. Brown, President/CEO, Brown Chemical Co., Inc., Oakland, N.J.
- Treasurer, Thomas M. Corcoran, Brenntag North America, Inc., Reading, Pa.
- Immediate Past Chairman, Roger T. Harris, President, Producers Chemical Company, Sugar Grove, Ill.
- Terry Hill, Executive Vice President, Univar, Redmond, Wash.
- Kurt Hettinga, Vice President, Sales, Superior Solvents, Indianapolis, Ind.
- John Logue, Executive Vice President, Royale Pigments and Chemicals, Inc., Paramus, N.J.
- Tim Nicholson, Vice President, PVS-Nolwood Chemicals, Detroit, Mich.
- Jeanette Glose Partlow, President, Maryland Chemical Co., Baltimore, Md.
- Frank P. Bergonzi, President and CEO, KODA Distribution Group, Stamford, Conn.
- Western Region - David K. Hoff, Director of Operations, Coast Southwest, Inc., Placentia, Calif.
- Central Region - Thomas B. Turriff, President. TLC Ingredients, Inc., Crest Hill, Ill.
- Southern Region - Dennis Gillespie, President, Lintech International, Macon, Ga.
- Northeast Region - Amanda D. Bagley, President, Bedford Specialty Sales, Inc., Shirley, Mass.
NACD and its nearly 450 member companies are vital to the chemical supply chain providing products to over 750,000 end users. NACD members are leaders in health, safety, security, and environmental performance through implementation of Responsible Distribution, established in 1991 as a condition of membership and a third-party verified management practice. For more information, visit