Suppliers of Brenntag can be confident to cooperate with a responsible distributor which is committed to comply with all regulatory requirements including REACH. At the same time we promise to provide to our customers products, solutions and value added services of the highest possible quality and in full compliance with respective laws. On the way to achieve this promise, our suppliers play an important role.
Substances supplied to Brenntag must be in compliance with provisions of the Regulation and identified uses should reflect the needs of the downstream industry as appropriate. Our suppliers can help to achieve this goal through efficient communication of recommendation of measures and technical advice to support safe handling and proper risk management at our customers.
The last registration deadline for substances manufactured or imported in the EEA at a volume per year of 1 ton to below 100 tons is May 31, 2018. ECHA expects 25.000 to 50.000 substances to be registered by this deadline which makes this registration process a challenge for all stakeholders. As there will be many substances to be registered by only a limited number of registrants the process of data-collection, data-generation and dossier submission will in many cases be outsourced to expert consultants, whose capacities will become limited. It is therefore important to start early in process.
With your support compliance can be facilitated:
- For registered substances - if appropriate: provide extended Safety Data Sheets
- For substances to be registered: start early and inform us about your intention
- Enable smooth and timely communication on identified uses
- Should you decide not to register a substance: inform us immediately
How Brenntag can support:
- SDS with no Exposure Scenario for hazardous registered substances: We are checking on a regular basis with our suppliers to identify ways to facilitate compliance
- For substances to be registered in 2018: We enable smooth and timely communication of identified uses
- We can support our suppliers’ decision making process for registration by sharing our view on market potentials