Quil-A® - purified quillaja saponin
Quil-A® is a highly potent vaccine adjuvant which consist of purifed quillaja saponin extracted from the bark of the Quillaja saponaria Molina tree. The product is used in a wide variety of veterinary vaccines around the world.
The product was originally developed by Professor, Dr.Pharm. Kristian Dalsgaard in 1974 and adapted for commercial scale production in close cooperation with Brenntag Biosector.
- Produced according to GMP guidelines and audited and certified by the Danish Health and Medicines Authority. The quality certificate can be viewed on our homepage.
- Low batch to batch variation due to a well-controlled proprietary production process and a thorough analytical program
- Proven and highly efficient immune stimulation with low dose requirements.
- More than 300 scientific publications involving the product.
- Can activate both the cell mediated (Th1) and the antibody-mediated (Th2) immune response and form ISCOM particles with cholesterol and phospholipids.
The product is available as a concentrated and lyophilized crystal-like powder containing maximum 5% residual water.
Quil-A® is available in two product versions:
- A: The normal 95% lyophilized product, and
- B: A- version which contains 5% ascorbic acid (vitamin C) added as an antioxidant.
Quil-A® is produced in the following standard HDPE container types:
- 1 gram (tablet jar)
- 5 gram (tablet jar)
- 100 gram (tablet jar)